Our Group Short-Term Disability product allows employers to develop a customized benefit offering that may aid employees and their families facing a disabling illness or injury. Having a solid back-up plan in place is key to financial peace of mind.
- Provides monthly benefit amounts of $300 to $6,000 in $100 increments are available or 67% of income, whichever is less
- Flexible plan designs
- Monthly benefits, paid directly to the insured
- Coverage is guaranteed, generous Guaranteed Issue Levels
- No reduction of benefits due to any other coverage
- Waiver of premium*
- Pre-existing credit for replacement of prior group coverage**
- Issue age rates
- Employer-paid or voluntary
- Choose which benefits to include
- Decide who’s eligible
- Self bill or list bill
- Benefit periods of 3, 6 or 12 months are available
- Available Accident/Sickness Elimination Periods (days): 0/7, 7/7, 0/14, 14/14, 30/30, 60/60
- Partial Disability Rider
- Limited Pre-Existing Condition Benefit Rider
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Rider
- Job-Related Accident Only Disability Rider
* Waiver of premium applied once the covered employee satisfies the elimination period and begins receiving disability benefits.
** Credit towards pre-existing condition limitation for the time covered under a prior Group Disability Income policy available.
Refer to the Outline of Coverage for additional details, including policy limitations and exclusions.
View the AAEB Group Short-Term Disability Product Sheet
View the AAEB Group Short-Term Disability Product at a Glance